Cash Balance Plan: Tax Saving Benefits
Need to play catch up on retirement goals? A Cash Balance Plan is an IRS approved defined benefit plan. The dramatic growth in the cash balance plan market has come mostly from small to mid-size businesses. Yet these tax-efficient plans are also offered by leading national law firms, hospitals, and medical groups. Select Fortune 100 companies also use the Cash Balance Plan due to it cost effectiveness vs. older traditional defined benefit plans. Many firms use the Cash Balance Plan as a recruiting and retention tool in a highly competitive labor market. Cash balance plan benefits include:
Business Owner Benefits
- Increased tax savings: ideal for employers who are looking to maximize savings and minimize employee contribution costs.
- Significant savings (may be over $200,000 a year subject to actuarial calculations)
- Design features to favor contributions
forowners and other targeted employees
- Can be designed to equalize contributions between partners with different ages and goals
- Aids in recruitment and retention of key employees
- Can be used
to tohelp fund an internal succession plan
- Helps to reduce business concentration risk by diversifying your assets
- Easier to understand than traditional Defined Benefit plans
- Portable account balances
- Tax‐deferred growth
Cash Balance plan contributions are calculated based on the employees’
If your retirement planning needs a healthy boost or you would like to enjoy greater tax benefits, you owe it to yourself to explore how a cash balance plan can accelerate your path to the retirement security that you deserve. There’s no cost nor obligation for a detailed consultation and plan proposal that will help you evaluate the option that will work best for your needs. We can help you find the right blend of cost, benefit, and efficiency.
How Long to the Other Side The market recouped about half its losses over the past two weeks, as investors weigh risks and grapple with when life will get back to normal. Some investment strategists say we’ve hit the bottom; some say this will last longer and be...